“LET US COME BEFORE HIS PRESENCE WITH THANKSGIVING”
This week we will observe Thanksgiving Day. Most folks will set down with family and friends to enjoy a great meal and never give one thought to the God of Heaven that made it all possible. To most is just another holiday that they do can use for their own pleasure.
I hope that this week will be a time to remember to be thankful to God for all of His blessings in your life. Let us reflect on these things in the message of God today.
I. LET US COME BEFORE HIS FACE
A. With Praise, Psalm 100:4, “Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.”
1. With a joyful noise, v. 1, “O come, let us sing unto the LORD: let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation.”
2. With singing, Psalm 105:2, “Sing unto him, sing psalms unto him: talk ye of all his wondrous works.”
B. With Glory, Psalm 105:3, “Glory ye in his holy name: let the heart of them rejoice that seek the LORD.”
1. Glory in His Holy Name, Galatians 6:14, “But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.”
2. Let the heart rejoice that seeks the Lord, Psalm 34:2, “My soul shall make her boast in the LORD: the humble shall hear thereof, and be glad.”
a. For the LORD is a great God, Psalm 86:8, “Among the gods there is none like unto thee, O Lord; neither are there any works like unto thy works.”
b. No one does what he does, Psalm 136:3, “O give thanks to the Lord of lords: for his mercy endureth for ever. 4To him who alone doeth great wonders: for his mercy endureth for ever.”
II. LET US WORSHIP AND BOW DOWN BEFORE HIM.
A. To worship God is to receive Jesus Christ as Saviour, Philippians 2:10, “That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;”
B. To worship God is to know the price that He paid to save your soul, 1 Corinthians 6:20, “For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God’s.”
1. The price was very high, Galatians 3:13, “Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:”
2. The price was the shedding of His Own Blood, Hebrews 9:12, “Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us. “
III. LET US BE THANKFUL FOR HIS UNSPEAKABLE GIFT.
2 Corinthians 9:15, “Thanks be unto God for his unspeakable gift.”
A. Be thankful that God has blessed you so that you could hear the gospel of Christ.
1. For it is the power of God unto salvation, Romans 1:16, “For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.”
2. For it is the LIGHT of the Gospel that will open your eyes to the truth, 2 Corinthians 4:4, In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.”
B. Be thankful that God has blessed you with the opportunity to become a son of God, which is His unspeakable gift.
1. The opportunity to receive Jesus as your Saviour, John 1:12, “But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:”
2. He is God’s gift to us when we trust Him by faith, Romans 6:23, “For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.”
3. It is God’s will that you trust Jesus Christ as your Saviour, John 6:40, “And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.”
For well over 44 years I have had the privilege of giving thanks to my Lord for saving my soul. It has been the greatest experience of my life. If that was the only blessing that I ever received, it would be sufficient to cause great joy. Instead my trusting Christ as Saviour opened up the windows of Heaven and God has poured out many blessings during my life.
God stands ready to bless you if you will come and trust Jesus Christ as your Saviour right now. Please do not wait, for the Bible says, “(For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.)” 2 Corinthians 6:2.