Friday, March 19, 2010

COME AND DINE--JOHN 21: 1-14

COME AND DINE
JOHN 21: 1-14
INTRODUCTION:

One day in the not too distant future (3rd appearance) we will hear the word of our Lord when He says in verse 12, “Come and dine.” At present He is preparing us a place and soon He will come and receive us to Himself. He will speak as a Friend, the one who loves us with an everlasting love.


I. NOTICE HERE HOW FREE CHRIST WAS WITH HIS DISCIPLES.



A. He treated them as FRIENDS, JOHN 15:13-14, “Greater love hath no man that this that a man lay down his life for his friends. 14-Ye are my friends if ye do whatsoever I command you.

B. HE DID NOT SAY to His disciples, Come, and wait, Come, and attend me, but COME AND DINE, JOHN 21:12, “Jesus saith unto them, Come and dine. And none of the disciples durst ask him, who art thou? Knowing that it was the Lord.

C. When the Lord calls, you will not ask, WHO ARE YOU? JOHN 21:12, “Jesus saith unto them, Come and dine. And none of the disciples durst ask him, who art thou? KNOWING THAT IT WAS THE LORD.”



1. Saul of Tarsus got acquainted with the Lord, ACTS 9:5, “And he said, who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I AM JESUS whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.”

2. You WILL KNOW that it is the Lord as Samuel knew, 1 SAMUEL 3_10, “And the LORD came, and stood, and called as at other times, Samuel, Samuel. Then Samuel answered, SPEAK; FOR THY SERVANT HEARETH.”


II. THE CALL OF CHRIST IS…


A. “All things are now READY; COME,”  MATTHEW 22:4, “Again, he sent forth other servants, saying, Tell them which are bidden, Behold, I have prepared my dinner: my oxen and my fatlings are killed, and all things are ready: come unto the marriage.”

B. Come, to the feast, come, and DINE UPON HIM.


1. His flesh is meat indeed, JOHN 6:55, “For my FLESH IS MEAT indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.”

2. His blood is drink indeed, JOHN 6:56, “He that eateth my flesh, and DRINKETH MY BLOOD, dwelleth in me, and I in hi



III. CHRIST IS A FRIEND

A. “Come, ye blessed of my Father;”  MATTHEW 25:34, “Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:”

B. Come, sit down with Abraham and Isaac and Jacob,  MATTHEW 8:11, “And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven.”

C. There is room and BREAD ENOUGH for all, LUKE 15:17, “And when he came to himself, he said, How many hired servants of my father’s have bread enough and to spare, and I perish with hunger!”

1. Without doubt there is FAMINE in this world as there was in the Lord’s day, Luke 15:14, “And when he had spent all, there arose a mighty famine in that land; and he began to be in want.”

2. However, there is a GREATER FAMINE of the Bread of Life in the world:



a. Eat this roll (the Word of God), EZEKIEL 3:1, “Moreover he said unto me, Son of man, eat that thou findest; eat this roll, and go speak unto the house of Israel.”

b. It was as sweet as honey, EZEKIEL 3:2-4  2- “So I opened my mouth, and he caused me to eat that roll.  3- And he said unto me, Son of man, cause thy belly to eat, and fill thy bowels with this roll that I give thee. Then did I eat it; and it was in my mouth as honey for sweetness.  4- And he said unto me, Son of man, go, get thee unto the house of Israel, and speak with my words unto them.”


D. The Fellowship will be WONDERFUL, 1 JOHN 1:3, “That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.”


1. Fellowship with believers, ACTS 2:42, “And they continued steadfastly in the apostles’ doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.”


a. …In the apostles’ doctrine,

b. …In fellowship, what is common to all.

c. …In breaking of bread,

d. …In prayers.


2. Fellowship is with the Father, JOHN 17:3 “And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

3. Fellowship is with Jesus Christ,  I CORINTHIANS 1:9, “God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.”

4. Fellowship is with the Spirit of God,



PHILLPIANS 2:1-3,  1- “If there be therefore any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any bowels and mercies,  2- Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind.  3- Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.”

CONCLUSION



An old hymn says, “Come and dine,” the master calleth, “Come and dine, “You may feast at Jesus’ table all the time; He who fed the multitude, Turned the water into wine, to the hungry calleth now, “Come and dine.”

No comments:

Post a Comment