Tuesday, March 16, 2010

WITH A WHOLE HEART --II CHRONICLES 25:1-2, 14

WITH A WHOLE HEART
II CHRONICLES 25:1-2, 14

Verse 2 says, “And he did that which was right in the sight of the LORD, but not with a perfect heart."



Introduction:



Amaziah inherited the throne of Judah at twenty five years of age. He began well, but did not serve the LORD with a whole heart. Let us look at the example that his father left him.



I. He Who Serves God Half-Heartedly.



A. Depending on other people for your strength, ch. 24:2, “And Joash did that which was right in the sight of the LORD all the days of Jehoiada the priest.”



B. Results of this dependency, ch. 2:15-21.



1. The priest died, v. 15.



2. The king didn’t listen to the people, v. 17.



a. They left the house the house of the Lord God, v. 18.



b. They served idols, v. 18.



3. God sent prophets, v. 19, “but they would not give ear.”



4. God raised up another priest, vs. 20-22.



a. He preached the truth, v. 20.



b. The king ordered him stoned, vs. 21-22.



5. God remembered His servant, vs. 22-25.



II. He Who Serves God With His Whole Heart.



A. Examples of Faithful Men in the Old Testament:



1. Abraham, Genesis 15:6, “And he believed in the LORD; and he counted it to him for righteousness.”



2. David, Acts 13:22b, “I have found David the son of Jesse, a man after mine own heart, which shall fulfill all my will.”



B. Examples of Faithful Men in the New Testament:



1. Jesus, John 4:34, 5:30; 6:38, “For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.



2. Paul, the Apostle, 2 Timothy 4:7-8, “I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.



III. Exhortations



A. Of the Apostle Paul to the young pastor, Timothy: 1 Timothy 6:12, “Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.”



B. Of the Apostle Paul to Titus:



Titus 2:1, “But speak thou the things which become sound doctrine:”



Conclusion



Our example is Jesus Christ!! No one else will do. He is always a good example for those who want to serve the LORD.



He said in Matthew 11:29-30, “Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”

No comments:

Post a Comment