The Word, the LOGOS, is Jesus Christ. He was from the beginning with the Father. He is the Creator of this world and all of mankind.
He is the Incarnate Word of God, God in the flesh. He is the Saviour of man. He is the Life of man. The Scriptures declare Hiim to be the ONLY WAY TO HEAVEN.
I. JESUS IS THE WORD OF GOD
A. Jesus is the UTTERED WORD of God, Revelation 19:13, “And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.”
1. The eternal Word of God manifested, 1 John 1:1-2, “That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life; 2-(For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;)”
2. He is the eternal witness in Heaven, 1 John 5:7, “For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.”
B. Jesus is the INCARNATE WORD of God, John 1:14, “And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.”
1. The Word was made flesh, Matthew 1:16, “And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ.”
2. The Word was made of a Woman, Galatians 4:4, “But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,”
a. He came at the appointed hour, Ephesians 1:10, “That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:”
b. He was born of a woman, Luke 2:10-11, “And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. 11-For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.”
1) He was a partaker of flesh and blood, Hebrews 2:14, “Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;”
2) He became flesh that He might die for our sins, 1 Peter 3:18, “For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:”
C. He was made under the Law, Romans 15:8, “Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers:”
II. JESUS IS THE WORD OF LIFE
A. He is THE LIFE, John 14:6, “Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.”
1. Our life is in the Son, 1 John 5:11, “And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.”
2. He is our life after death, John 11:25, “Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:”
3. He gives us eternal life, John 10:28, “And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.”
B. His life is the LIFE OF THE FATHER, John 5:26, “For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;”
1. The Fountain of life, Psalm 36:9, “For with thee is the fountain of life: in thy light shall we see light.”
2. The True God, Jeremiah 10:10, “But the LORD is the true God, he is the living God, and an everlasting king: at his wrath the earth shall tremble, and the nations shall not be able to abide his indignation.”
Jesus is the Word of God from the Beginning. He became flesh and walked among us and then He died that we might have life eternal.