Wednesday, August 25, 2010

THE END OF A THING IS BETTER THAN THE BEGINNING- -ECCLESIASTES 7:8

THE END OF A THING IS BETTER THAN THE BEGINNING

ECCLESIASTES 7:8

Ecclesiastes 7:8, “Better is the end of a thing than the beginning thereof: and the patient in spirit is better than the proud in spirit.”

Introduction:

Let the “WISE” wait for "THE END," and the "OPPRESSIONS" which now (in "THE BEGINNING") PERPLEX their faith, will be found by God’s working TO BE OVERRULED to their good. “Tribulation worketh patience” (Romans 5:3), which is infinitely better than "the proud spirit" that prosperity might have generated in them, as it has in fools, Psalms 73:2-3, “But as for me, my feet were almost gone; my steps had well nigh slipped. 3- For I was envious at the foolish, when I saw the prosperity of the wicked.” ---Jamison, Fausett, Brown Commentary.

I. OUR LORD’S BEGINNING

A. He was despised and rejected of men, Isaiah 53:3, “He is DESPISED and REJECTED OF MEN; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.”

1. He was a MAN OF SORROWS, Isaiah 49:7, “Thus saith the LORD, the Redeemer of Israel, and his Holy One, to him whom MAN DESPISETH, to him whom THE NATION ABHORRETH, to a servant of rulers, Kings shall see and arise, princes also shall worship, because of the LORD that is faithful, and the Holy One of Israel, and he shall choose thee.”

2. He was ACQUAINTED WITH GRIEF, Psalms 22:7-8, “All they that see me laugh me to scorn: they shoot out the lip, they shake the head, saying, 8- He trusted on the LORD that he would deliver him: let him deliver him, seeing he delighted in him.”

a. His NAME became a BYWORD, Psalms 69:12, “They that sit in the gate SPEAK AGAINST ME; and I was the SONG OF THE DRUNKARDS.”

b. He was mistreated by men, Matthew 26:67, “Then did they SPIT in his face, and buffeted him; and others smote him with the palms of their hands,”

B. AS HE IS, SO ARE WE also in this world, 1 John 3:13, “Marvel not, my brethren, if the world hate you.”

1. You must BEAR THE CROSS, or you shall NEVER WEAR the CROWN, Luke 9:23, “And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, LET HIM DENY HIMSELF, and TAKE UP HIS CROSS DAILY, and follow me.”

2. You must WADE THROUGH THE MIRE, or you shall NEVER WALK THE GOLDEN PAVEMENT, Philippians 1:29, “For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, NOT ONLY TO BELIEVE ON HIM, but also to SUFFER FOR HIS SAKE;”

II. OUR LORD’S ENDING

A. His SUFFERING and DEATH brought US TO GOD, 1 Peter 3:18, “For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:”

B. His LOVE for mankind brought ETERNAL LIFE, Romans 5:21, “That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.”

1. In His Love Jesus redeemed man, Isaiah 63:9, “In all their affliction he was afflicted, and the angel of his presence saved them: in his love and in his pity he redeemed them; and he bare them, and carried them all the days of old.”

2. He loved us when we were yet sinners, Romans 5:8, “But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.”

C. His DEDICATION TO DO the Father’s WILL gave us a MANSION in heaven, John 14:2-3, “In my Father’s house are many MANSIONS: if it were not so, I would have told you. I GO TO PREPARE A PLACE FOR YOU. 3-And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.”

1. He came to do the Father’s will, Hebrews 10:7, 9, “Then said I, Lo, I COME (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) TO DO THY WILL, O God. 9- Then said he, Lo, I COME TO DO THY WILL, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second.”

2. He was obedient unto death, Philippians 2:8, “And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became OBEDIENT UNTO DEATH, even the death of the cross.”

D. His dedication to do the Father’s will BROUGHT PEACE, Colossians 1:20, “And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.”

1. He is the LORD OF PEACE, 2 Thessalonians 3:16, “How the LORD OF PEACE himself give you peace always by all means. The Lord be with you all.”

2. His messenger brings Grace and Peace from the Father, Philemon 1:3, “Grace to you, and peace, from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.”

CONCLUSION

No comments:

Post a Comment