Wednesday, August 25, 2010

I KNOW THAT MY REDEEMER LIVES--JOB 19:25-27

I KNOW THAT MY REDEEMER LIVES
JOB 19:25-27

Introduction:

In Job chapter 14 Job declares that “Man that is born of a woman is of few days, and full of trouble.” Man’s days upon the earth are certainly short as Job says. However, Job had a couple of questions as well. In verse 4 he asks, “Who can bring a clean thing out of an unclean? not one.” And in verse 14 he asked a very pertinent question, “If a man die, shall he live again?”

Job had the answers to his questions and observed much more as we will see today.

I. JOB DECLARES “I KNOW THAT MY REDEEMER LIVETH”

V. 25a, “For I know that my redeemer liveth,”

A. In Christ we have an atonement, Job 33:23-24, “If there be a messenger with him, an interpreter, one among a thousand, to shew unto man his uprightness : 24- Then he is gracious unto him, and saith, Deliver him from going down to the pit: I have found a ransom.” [ atonement]

B. The Redeemer pleads our cause, Proverbs 23:10-11, “Remove not the old landmark; and enter not into the fields of the fatherless: 11- For their redeemer is mighty; he shall plead their cause with thee.”

C. The Redeemer is strong, Jeremiah 50:34, “Their Redeemer is strong; the LORD of hosts is his name: he shall throughly plead their cause, that he may give rest to the land, and disquiet the inhabitants of Babylon.”

II. JOB’S REDEEMER SHALL STAND ON THE EARTH

V. 25b, “and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:”

A. Job as a believer lived confidently in trusting in his redeemer, Psalm 16:9, “Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoiceth: my flesh also shall rest in hope.”

B. Job trusted in God’s promises, Jude 14, “And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints.”

C. Job trusted God to care for him, Hebrews 10:22, “Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.”

III. JOB DECLARES HIS FAITH

Vs. 26, “And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God:”

A. Job believe in the resurrection of the body as taught in the Scriptures, Job 14:12-15, “So man lieth down, and riseth not: till the heavens be no more, they shall not awake, nor be raised out of their sleep. 13- O that thou wouldest hide me in the grave, that thou wouldest keep me secret, until thy wrath be past, that thou wouldest appoint me a set time, and remember me! 14- If a man die, shall he live again? all the days of my appointed time will I wait, till my change come . 15- Thou shalt call, and I will answer thee: thou wilt have a desire to the work of thine hands.”

1. Job teaches the doctrine of the death, burial and resurrection, Job 14:12-14a; Isaiah 26:19, “Thy dead men shall live, together with my dead body shall they arise. Awake and sing, ye that dwell in dust: for thy dew is as the dew of herbs, and the earth shall cast out the dead.”

2. Job teaches the doctrine of the transformation of the believer, Job 14:14, “If a man die, shall he live again? all the days of my appointed time will I wait, till my change come.”

a. Job preaches the rapture and the transformation of the believer, Job 14:15, “Thou shalt call, and I will answer thee: thou wilt have a desire to the work of thine hands.”

b. The Apostle Paul confirms it, 1 Corinthians 15:51-52, “Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, 52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.”

B. Job believer in a bodily resurrection and not a spiritual resurrection, Text v. 26b, “yet in my flesh shall I see God.” Romans 8:11, “But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.”

IV. JOB DECLARES HIS FAITH THAT HE WILL SEE GOD WITH HIS OWN EYES

v. 27, “Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me.”

A. Job was sure that he would behold the face of his Savior in righteousness, Psalm 17:15, “As for me, I will behold thy face in righteousness: I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with thy likeness.”

CONCLUSION

No comments:

Post a Comment